Some key sites for academic research on open source software:
- MIT: Free / Open Source Research Community (including working papers from around the world)
- Silicon Valley Open Source Research Project (and its research)
- University College Cork: Resources for Researchers
- University of California, Irvine: Institute for Software Research
HICSS-38 minitrack on Studies of Open Source Software Development, Jan. 2005.
- 4th Workshop on Open Source Software Engineering, May 2004; see also previous conferences in May 2003, May 2002 and May 2001.
- HBS/MIT Sloan Free/Open Source Software Conference, June 2003.
Management Science, “Special Issue on Open Source Software” (call for papers)
- Computer Standards & Interfaces, “Cross-fertization between Standards and Open Source Software” (call for papers)
IEEE Software, “Developing withOpen Source Software ?” Jan./Feb. 2004 (table of contents)
Research Policy, “Special issue on open source software development,” July 2003 (table of contents)
IEE Proceedings - Software, “Open Source Software Engineering,” Feb. 2002 (table of contents)