The event consists of the following different competition categories:
The following are the judging criteria
- How well does the display quickly and clearly communicate the essence of the idea? Does it make you want to read the rest of the poster?
- How professional and polished is the exhibit? Is it understandable on its own without the presenter? Is it grammatically correct with no typos
Communication of the idea
- Have the contestants clearly explained their idea? The explanation should be clearly communicated and memorable.
- Have they clearly explained the value/benefit of their idea and why an investor should be interested?
Knowledge of the Target Market
- Have they clearly identified the customers and market need for this idea/concept
- Have they used specific examples, data, and research to demonstrate the customer/market need?
Competitive Edge/Uniqueness of the Idea
- Does the team know who the competition is, its strengths and weaknesses and how this idea provides an innovative solution that differentiates them from competitors’ offerings?
- Does the idea have a defensible barrier to entry by copycats?
- Have they used specifics to support the feasibility of their idea? Have they identified what is needed to succeed (e.g., skills, money, time)?
- How feasible/realistic is it for this idea to become an actual product/service?
[Please note that these criteria may be subject to minor changes]